Geoffrey G. Revelle
Geoff has been with Stoel Rives since 1995 and is a partner in the firm's Seattle office. He focuses his practice on assisting companies on a broad range of issues, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, general corporate work, licensing and distribution arrangements, senior executive employment arrangements and business disputes. Geoff is a member of the firm's Smart Energy initiative and CleanTech initiative. Geoff is on the Board of Directors and is North American Co-Vice Chair of TerraLex, an international association of more than 150 leading law firms around the world. Geoff assists clients with their international needs through the use of this network and also assists TerraLex firms' clients with their needs in the United States. He is also the former Executive Vice President of Operations and General Counsel of Attachmate Corporation. His responsibilities at Attachmate included oversight of all areas of operations worldwide, including finance, IT, manufacturing and distribution, legal and human resources. Geoff combines his business and legal experience to provide a broad range of counseling to the firm's clients.
Before joining Stoel Rives, Geoff was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for King County (1972-1975), founder and shareholder of Revelle & Hawkins, P.S. (1978-1993) and Chief Operating Officer of Attachmate Corporation (1992-1995).
- Represented software manufacturer in $260M acquisition transaction.
- Represents consortium of avionics suppliers in contracts for development and deployment of the next generation of air traffic control software involving multiple parties including a consortium of major airlines and the FAA.
- Represented International Food Services Company in $80M acquisition of U.S. rendering plant and related businesses.
- Represented specialty crane manufacturer in sale of the company to a strategic buyer.
- Represented companies, CEOs and other senior executives of several companies in employment and severance negotiations.
- Represented internet service provider in multimillion-dollar transactions to develop and host web sites and provide services for major automotive manufacturers and their dealers.
- Represented buyer in management acquisition of office furniture and products company, including third-party financing transactions.
- Represents timber company and family trust in sale and development of various properties, both timber and commercial.
- Represented mainframe software company in strategic worldwide joint venture for development, marketing and support of complex package of mainframe software products.
Professional Honors and Civic Activities
- TerraLex Board of Directors, 2006-present
- Member, Board of Directors, Washington State Access To Justice (appointed by the Washington Supreme Court), 2012-2013
- Board of Trustees, past Chair, King County Bar Foundation, 1993-present; President, 2005-2006
- Member, Board of Directors, Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative, 2010-present; member, Executive Committee, 2011-present
- Member, Legislative Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 1998-present
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association, 1991-present
- Member, Pendleton and Elisabeth Carey Miller Charitable Foundation, 1993-present; Vice President, 2000-present; Finance Committee, Executive Committee, 2000-present
- Recipient, TerraLex Distinguished Service Award, 2008 and 2010
- Member, Chair, Federal Public Policy Committee, Washington Council of the AEA, 1994-2005
- Past President, Trustee and Officer, King County Bar Association, 1988-1993
- Past President, Trustee and Officer, East King County Bar Association, 1981-1991
- Past Officer, Trustee, Youth Eastside Services, 1981-1986
- Lifetime Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Lecturer and program chair for numerous continuing legal education programs
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1972
Order of the Coif
- Princeton University, B.A., 1969, magna cum laude
Print to Word
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Washington and the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court